Thursday, May 25, 2006

Formal Languages and Automata

....As a Computer Science student at the Faculty of Computer Science we learn lots of things...some important(for me)....and some...not that important....One of the subjects I studied this semester is Formal Languages and Automata. The course was not that interesting mainly because the professor was not really that excited to teach.....mostly because he did the course...over and over again...the seminar though was quine nice...mostly because I like the practical things of this class and not the theory......The thing is nobody ever told us what we can do with this theory so I started searching on my own....and found.....Petri nets(sounds cool)....also found out something about automata used in many domains such as compilers and games....nice.....better go study for the exam now :)

No comments: